Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Overview: Spurs vs Suns



I expected an epic series. All I got was this lousy T-shirt.

Seriously. When I wrote the "prognosis" for that series I knew one thing they were going to play all 7 games and as I wrote that post I convinced myself that the Spurs were going to win that they team just because of home court advantage and Manu Ginobili.

It never ocurred to me that Tony Parker will dominate the series and matchup between him Nash. The idea of D'Antoni not making any adjustements never crossed my mind. Amare dissapearing at least half game every game was not an realistic option. And how about the hunger in Tim Duncan's eyes, were you expecting that? Really? 'Cause I didn't

Bottom line is that the Spurs really wanted this series. The Suns were hurt by their lack of fire and will. Shaq was supposed to add that this year. It wasn't there. They had a chance in a least three games they lost but they never took it. You can see it the other way around, the Spurs took them from them. Same difference

Whose fault is it ? Steve Nash. He's the leader, right? He wasnt't the same dominant guy and he had to defend Tony Parker and took a lot from him. But still bad decision making in the last quater cost them a couple of games.

No comments: