Friday, May 9, 2008

NBA Playoffs Day 20


Finally the Spurs won a game. This was a weird game . The Spurs forgot the idea of stopping Chris Paul and focus on defending the three point line. The didn't close the lane for Paul instead they close the passing lines to West and Chandler. MoPete and Peja had awful games, West still had a good game and Chandler wasn't much of a factor and still the Hornets were only down by 5 entering the fourth quater. This approach worked for a game but I'm wondering if this is the right scheme to defeat the Hornets. Letting Paul have a field day. I don't know. I hope Pop does.

The one thing for me was the offense. Both Parker and Manu never stop attacking the defense and Parker stop being so hesitant when running the offense. Finley and Bowen had a nice shooting touch for three. I'm also a Spurs fan but I see this Hornets taking it on 6


Man, what's the deal with this Celtics? They are shutting down Lebron but they couldn't shut down Joe Johnson or Al Hortford. Is Lebron going for 50 in Cleveland? The image of Atlanta overplaying the Celtics still haunts me in my sleep.


No comments: