Monday, May 12, 2008

NBA Playoffs Weekend 4





It's good to be at home, right?



My worries about the Celts are getting stronger and stronger after each passing road game. I can't believe how much a team can change their defensive intensity just because the crowd is not behind them. I know all the Western teams are in the same bagon but not quite. I'll get to that in a second, be patient. The game was ugly for the Celts and let me tell you something if they are thinking they can give Lebron confidence and some dagger back after winning 2 straight games and/or pulling for a game 7, then you are wrong. Lebron will eat you alive now that he knows he can. Don't say I didn't warn you.

You know Utah wasn't that dominant at home as you might expected from a 37-4 home team. But Deron Williams and the rest of the "Jazzers" showed something that I didn't think they had (Is possible they got it in this series) and that's poise and patient. They are different things if you look at them in a different way. The point is that Utah didn't freaked and actually controlled the final plays of the last two games. Yes, the leave Derek Fisher to bring the Lakers back but OT the court was theirs. The fact that Kobe was looking like Larry Bird helped the cause but give as much credit as possible to the Jazz.

Look , the Champs are alive. This was the game that give me some hope. It wasn't because of the 20 point differencial but because Duncan finally woke up and the Hornets looked defeated. I'm rooting for the Spurs just because, don't get me wrong I love to see Paul play and I want to see Paul play as much as I can but I'm biassed here. Sorry.


The Magic blew it. They had them but they let them go. Howard blew it. And now I'm here to pronounce, in behalf of the Basketball Gods, that the Pistons are the team to be beat... in the East.

No comments: